Saturday 21 December 2013

Lime Crime Velvetines: Red Velvet

I have always wanted to try a product from an American colour brand so when I was given a Lime Crime Velvetine by a friend I was so excited to try it!


The Lime Crime Velvetines are very popular and the shade I have got, Red Velvet, is currently sold out online! The product claims to be a 'long wearing, kiss proof lip stain that glides on with the ease of a gloss and dries to a matte, velvet finish'. So I put it to the test to see if it really did live up to this...


Like the product claims, my Velvetine really did glide over the lips like a gloss. The ease of application allowed me apply the colour without dragging the product across my lips, and within 30 seconds my lips dried to a matte/ velvet formula. I found the velvet feel on the lips something which took some getting used to as I usually apply a gloss over any lipstick. However I really do love the look of a matte velvet lip and the speedy drying of the product on the lips ensured that I did not smudge the product after application. Therefore on first impressions I was very impressed by the liquid lipstick!


The product also claims to be kiss proof and long wearing. After having the product on my lips for around 10 mins, allowing it to dry completely, I kissed the back of my hand to put it to the kiss proof test. A very small amount transferred onto my hand, but no where near as much as any lipstick would transfer. This is also great to prevent any transfering onto your teeth! The Velvetine was long wearing on the lips until I eat a meal. Therefore, understandably, the product needed reapplying after eating, however between meals the product stayed on the lips without smudging or moving.

In the UK you can purchase the Lime Crime Velvetines from Love Make Up for £13.50. They do however sell out quickly, so if they are in stock when you visit the sight, grab yours when you can. Although I am still in search of a lip product which does not move from my lips when I eat, I would recommend this liquid lipstick for those of you who love a matte lip and are looking for a product which is relatively long wearing! Trying out this product has fuelled my need to try more American colour brands!

Have you tried any of the Lime Crime Velvetines or anything from Lime Crime as a brand? Leave a comment below I would love to hear from you!

Until next time, Samantha x 

2 comments:

  1. I've been in love with the Lime Crime brand for what feels like forever now, but I still haven't actually bought something from there, despite the fact I would love to. And this color is absolutely gorgeous! Now I definitely think I'll be getting a Lime Crime Velvetine as soon as possible!

    Michelle
    The Girly Gamer

    ReplyDelete